It is important to understand that there is an on-going cost to running and maintaining a good website.
The key aspects are:
- Website Hosting keeps your website online. As your site grows, this may need to be upgraded from time-to-time.
- WordPress Core & Extension Updates keep your website secure and working as well as possible.
- Website Support is where we will dedicate an amount of time per month to work with you on your website if required. This may be helping you tweak aspects of your website or adding new functionality.
- Domain Names are essentially leased and you have to pay for them each year in most cases.
- Your SSL Certificate provides the encryption to keep your customer’s details secure as they are transmitted to/from the server. These are usually paid for on a yearly basis.
- Web Application Firewall provides an added level of security to your website by passing all connections through a special filter.
There are three distinct options as far as website hosting is concerned, for which we have provided an executive summary of each below:
- Shared Hosting is the most common form of hosting available. The provider sets up a server environment (which may be based on a single or multiple physical or virtual servers) and then leases off parts of it to lots of customers. The number of users on a shared hosting environment may vary from tens to thousands. A well-managed shared environment will usually be fairly reliable, although may place limits on what technology you can use to keep it this way. The primary downside is that it is possible for a single user to negatively affect all other users on the server if their site becomes very popular or is attacked. It is usually fairly cheap. When you outgrow it, you will need to move to a Dedicated Server or Virtual Private Server / Cloud Server.
- A Dedicated Server is essentially a computer in a datacentre, where you are the sole user. There are no other users on the server who can slow you down. You have the flexibility to use whichever technology required. It is usually fairly expensive when compared to shared hosting.
- A Virtual Private Server (VPS) or Cloud Server is half way between shared and dedicated hosting. It usually involves dividing up one or more physical servers in such a way that the resources are guaranteed and you have the flexibility to use whichever technology you require as with a dedicated server. The main benefit of a VPS is that they can be easily and quickly scaled up to meet your website’s traffic requirements. A VPS can easily be as powerful as or more powerful than a dedicated server if required. This makes this a very flexible and cost effective.
Website security is a real problem, and one that is often overlooked. By design, we make sure that our code is as secure as possible, although there may be security flaws that could be exploited in any code, including the WordPress core, third-party themes and extensions used to provide specific functionality. Once discovered, these vulnerabilities are usually resolved quickly, although your site and data may have already been exploited at this point.
We have a system in place to keep all vulnerable WordPress Core, Theme and Extension scripts and code behind your website up to date on a daily basis to greatly reduce the risk of your website becoming compromised. In the unfortunate event your site is compromised we will clean and rectify your website with urgent priority included in your package.
Many business owners struggle to find the time to monitor and manage their websites on a regular basis. Our management packages allow you to out-source your website maintenance, cutting your costs by removing the requirement of having in-house professionals. They are open to organisations of any size and allow you to get on and do what you do best while we do what we do best and professionally maintain your website.
Use our website management service to:
- Keep your site updated with the latest information and promotions
- Share photos of recent events, new products or employees
- Make seasonal changes to keep your content relevant
- Change or update new product or service information
- Update portfolio pages to reflect your latest work
- Post online-only offers to encourage more visitors to your website
- Keep your clients informed of your most current news
- Make regular updates to your content to improve your site’s search engine marketing
Each package is bespoke to your site and requirements, and is sold on a per-website basis. If you have more than one website, we will be happy to offer you a discount on our management packages!
Please call us on 01223 850 730 to email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and a free quotation.
A domain name is an address for the Internet. It helps people find and recognise your web site. Just as homes and businesses have street addresses, all web sites have domain names e.g. primexeon.com. We can register and look after your domain on your behalf.
You will need to choose the main domain name of your website, although you can have multiple domains directing to it. For example, you may run the site on yourdomain.com and have www.yourdomain.com, yourdomain.co.uk and www.yourdomain.co.uk redirecting to it.
SSL stands for Secure Sockets Layer and is the primary technology used to encrypt traffic between a website and a user. The use of SSL prevents the interception of sensitive data such as credit/debit card details on a payment page.
Most E-Commerce websites will require to handle sensitive data, so it will need an SSL certificate. PrimeXeon would recommend the use of a GlobalSign Certificate which we can provide at a considerable amount below the recommended retail price.
We can offer a high performance Web Application Firewall (WAF) which adds a layer of protection in front of your website which will dynamically counteract many common forms of attack. In addition, if your site has a vulnerable piece of code, your site will usually already be protected (even before the vulnerable code has been updated).